Monday 7 February 2011

Workshop 1 with Richard Sweeney





Here are the materials i used in my first workshop session: a metal rule, scalpel, a5 sheet of paper and a cutting mat. 


This is my first attempt of folding, scoring and manipulating paper to create a paper form, i like the shape of the paper form an how its photographed as its created a nice shadow. 


Here is one of my attempts, its based on my previous paper form, but i have manipulated it by cutting leaf shapes in the paper but folding in the same shape to give me the same form, the leaf shape cuttings with the lighting create an interesting an effective shadow.




Here is a collection of four paper forms i have made, they are all based on each other but all different in there own ways. 




I enjoyed the first workshop session with Richard Sweeney a lot an learnt a lot, i am excited to carry on with the work an see the different forms i can create. 







No comments:

Post a Comment